Sunday, September 23, 2018

The Perv Boss - Every Woman's Nightmare!


Sexual harassment: “The unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature which makes a person feel offended, humiliated and/or intimidated. It includes situations where a person is asked to engage in sexual activity as a condition of that person’s employment, as well as situations which create an environment which is hostile, intimidating or humiliating for the recipient.”

Workplaces Have A sexual Harassment Policy
It could be unwelcome physical contact including patting, pinching, stroking, kissing and hugging to the use of job related threats or rewards to solicit sexual favours to sexual advances.

Butt Pinching Is Totally Unacceptable  
Namakula works for an organisation somewhere in Ntinda. She describes herself as a bit of a fashionista in that at work, she dresses to the nines - short skirts, high heels and flattering blouses. “Of course, I see the men looking at me – even gawping, but not in a way that makes me feel intimidated. I get compliments, but no one ever touches.”

But all that changed when in walked the new ED. She says: He was already in the boardroom when he called the team in for a meeting and when I walked in, he looked at me in a way the other men in the office don’t look at me. The next day, he called me in for a one-on-one meeting and the look he gave me, I got goose pimples all over my body. He wasn’t jut looking at me, but he was pawing at me and undressing me with his eyes. At one point he stood up and walked behind me that I thought he left his office. However, when I turned around he was right behind me and breathing heavily.

Wearing A Short Skirt Is NOT An Invitation To Touch 
Then ED upped his game she says: “In the lift he would stand in front of me – almost in my face. Then he started brushing his groin past me or trying to touch my legs and breasts. He was being a real perv that when I complained about his inappropriate behaviour, he simply said: “Your work is below standard. If you don’t improve in the next four weeks you will be out of a job.” With that, he put his hand on my shoulder, gave it a good squeeze then said: “All you have to do is to cooperate and it will be fine.”

She got the message. Give in to his sexual demands or get sacked. She ‘sacked’ herself three weeks later.
Unwanted Attention
Like Namakula, Harriet works for an NGO and she too has an ED who has laid it out plain to her that if she slept with him, she could go very far in in the NGO. He has slept with many of the girls in the office using the treat of being sacked. When ED started to up his game with masked threats that she could lose her job, Harriet gave in and agreed to go on a date with him.    

She called me up and asked for some advice as to what she should do at the date and I was happy to oblige. I was about to give her some tips on what to wear but she beat me to it. This is how the conversation went down.

Harriet: “TB, I am sending you some pictures of the dresses I am going to wear for the date. Please help me pick one.”

TB: “Sure, not a problem.”

The first dress she sent was a silky number that had the word SEX written all over it. It was so short and it was the type of dress to be worn without a bra.

The Wrong Kind Of Dress To Wear To Date With The Boss Who Is Sexually Harassing You
The second dress was equally worse that I thought it was a nightdress.

Totally Inappropriate For Some Dates 

Third and fourth merely screamed – “let’s forget the date, just take me to bed and do what you want to do to me.”

Inviting Trouble?

I don’t know which of the four she picked, but am sure as soon as ED saw her walking to his ride, he already had the manager of the lodge on speed dial!


Pictures: thriveglobal.com, powerday, The Dent, conatusnews.com, welcomenni.com

    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambo, Bond, Segal, Bourne or Arnie – Who Would You Want On Your Side When A Melee Breaks Out?

  John Rambo Like was said by his handler - Colonel Trautman in the movie, Rambo First Blood Part One to police officer Teasel: “ You don...