Friday, August 9, 2013

Why We Like Eating Filthy Pork

The holy month of Ramadan has ended so I guess I won’t be offending anybody – or am. What the hell, I am still going to go ahead and write.

I feel for vegetarians’. How can you not like meat? God or whoever heads the department in heaven should surely be given an award for life without meat would be intolerable. Top on my list is lamb followed by pork, beef, liver and chicken but only if it is Kentucky Fried Chicken which I am reliably informed will soon be opening up in the new mall behind Shell Bugolobi.

I am not keen on local chicken because a few years ago and at my local kafunda, I went for a pee and as you can well guess, the pit latrines were not the best in the world. They crawled with maggots, maggots which came out of the pit hole and were all over the floor and walls.

While I opted not to use the pit latrine, the local chickens meanwhile were having a blast picking at the maggots for supper like they were at a food festival. Of course when Waitress later on brought us the chicken that we had ordered, I casually asked here where she got if from and she as casually as I had asked her, told me from one of the chickens out at the back.

Eek, a chicken that was feasting on maggots from one of the dirtiest pit latrines I have ever seen and I am expected to eat it? Thank you but no thank you so I told her. But truth be told, we like eating animals that are filthy.

So the Muslims and Jews won’t eat pork because they thing it is a filthy beast but however, they would eat the chicken that has been feasting on maggots. The majority of the pork places that I have been too in Kampala are filthy. You know it, I know it and so do the owners of the establishments.

However, there is a certain passion in eating food especially pork, from establishments which, are filthy. It appears that the more filthy the place is, the better the pork tastes.

Kyadondo Rugby Club has some good pork especially the ribs but, the pork is prepared some men who are not too good when it comes to hygiene. They handle the ribs, use the same hand to handle dirty money and then go to the loos and don’t bother to wash their hands afterwards. But the pork tastes ballistic.

There is CHOGM in Bunga/Soya. The pork is good but the toilets are a mess and they are the same toilets that Pork Roaster uses. And have you seen the filth on his apron? Disgusting but the pork does taste too good.

There is another place on Entebbe Road – about ten minute’s drive from Kisubi school, it too has good pork but oh dear wait until you see the chaps who do the roasting! But we don’t care. I certainly don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambo, Bond, Segal, Bourne or Arnie – Who Would You Want On Your Side When A Melee Breaks Out?

  John Rambo Like was said by his handler - Colonel Trautman in the movie, Rambo First Blood Part One to police officer Teasel: “ You don...